Resource Library: White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health
On Wednesday, September 28, 2022, the White House, for the first time in more than 50 years, hosted a conference to discuss ways to fight hunger in America. The White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition and Health had as its goal calling for action “for the millions of Americans struggling with food insecurity and diet-related diseases like diabetes, obesity, and hypertension.”
The Coalition on Human Needs believes no one should go hungry in a nation of plenty. A cornerstone of CHN’s work is promoting food security and nutrition for all members of our society. We agree with the National Strategy
below that ending hunger requires a comprehensive approach that ensures economic security and health care for all.
- The White House: Biden-Harris Administration National Strategy on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health
- Live streaming links: White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health Conference Streaming Schedule
- Fact Sheet: The Biden-Harris Administration Announces More Than $8 Billion in New Commitments as Part of Call to Action for White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health
- Statement from the Global Women’s Strike, Women of Color/GWS, and Care Income Now!
- The White House: Video: President Biden Delivers Remarks at the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health
- CLASP/Community Partnership Group: A Community-Driven Anti-Racist Vision for SNAP