Stand up for child nutrition and share why #WICMatters
On Wednesday, November 4 from 1-2pm ET, join CHN, MomsRising, National WIC Association, and advocates across the country for a #WICMatters twitterstorm! Use the hashtag on social media to share why #WICMatters to you and/or the communities you serve.
Now is the time to raise awareness about how WIC (the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children) is essential and assists pregnant women, moms, newborns and families. WIC serves 8.2 million women and families, including half of all babies in the United States. As the video above shows, WIC plays a vital role in ensuring healthy, nutritious diets for families facing financial difficulty. In addition, WIC provides breastfeeding education, counseling, and support, nutrition education, and referrals to healthcare and social services. #WICMatters to millions of families and we must share its success and garner support online and among our elected officials, especially as we head into Child Nutrition Reauthorization, which funds WIC.
Follow #WICMatters, @CoalitiononHN, @MomsRising, @NatWICAssoc, and use the samples below to get involved November 4 at 1pm ET! You can also take action today by emailing Congress and telling lawmakers to give as many children as possible access to nutritious, healthy food.
- Join us 11/4 1-2pm ET to tweet about how #WICMatters for #moms, children, and families! @MomsRising @NatWICAssoc
- WIC helps around 8.2 million women & families access healthy foods, breastfeeding assistance & nutrition education. #WICMatters
- Did you know #WIC serves more than half of babies in the US? Check out this video: http://bit.ly/1PQchS5 #WICMatters
- #WIC is a gateway to #healthcare! Learn how in this great video: http://bit.ly/1iyuCpm #WICMatters
- #WIC nutritionists help moms learn about shopping for health foods and cooking delicious meals. http://bit.ly/1Q6nNc5 #WICMatters
- #WIC moms know healthy foods keep their families strong! Check out this video: http://bit.ly/1XKbBQJ #WICMatters
- Participation in #WIC reduces the risk of child abuse or neglect. #WICMatters http://bit.ly/1GIjJwO
Need an easy way to spread the word? Share our tweet below.
— Coalition on Human Needs (@CoalitionHN) October 29, 2015