Become Part of a Growing Coalition
More and more groups across the country benefit from the work of the Coalition on Human Needs (CHN) as our alliance of national, state, and local organizations continues to grow. Since 1981, CHN has played a vital role in bringing human needs organizations together to expand and defend federal investments in health care, income assistance, education and training, housing, and other services for young and old. Knowledge is power, and CHN is a reliable source of essential information, presented in a straightforward manner, to enable advocates to be more effective. CHN is proud to join with advocates nationwide in the fight for low-income and vulnerable people and to make Congress respond to human need.
Yet in more than two decades, defenders of low-income and vulnerable people have never faced a bigger challenge in maintaining essential social services and protecting the federal role in meeting basic human needs for all Americans. CHN can help, but only with a strong and growing membership.
Joining CHN gives your organization the chance to share its views and seek active support from a growing network of advocates. It means you will have timely access to information you need, from key policy issues to nationally coordinated activities that will strengthen your work. CHN helps its members to communicate more persuasively – with each other, with the media, and with policy makers. Please join today – too much is at risk not to work together.
JOIN CHN TODAY! – ONLINE FORM
Fill out this invoice and return to the Coalition.
Benefits of Membership
Member organizations of the Coalition on Human Needs receive the following benefits:
- Electronic subscription to the Human Needs Report – CHN’s legislative newsletter, published every other Friday when Congress is in session;
- Ability to disseminate your organization’s reports, announcements, and letters seeking organizational signers on CHN email lists;
- Posting your organization’s research and reports on the CHN website – with links directly to your organization’s website;
- Legislative analyses and concise overviews of specific anti-poverty policies, programs, and legislation;
- Training about federal budget process and effective communication;
- Access to professional communications help, as resources permit;
- Job announcement listings for your organization on the CHN website;
- Event announcements for your organization on CHN’s website and electronic calendar;
- Notification of all CHN events and meetings;
- Eligibility to serve on CHN’s Board of Directors to shape CHN policies;
- Invitations to CHN-organized Capitol Hill visits and briefings.
- Subscription to CHN email lists, which include:
- Congressional and Administration updates;
- Action alerts from CHN and its member organizations;
- Distribution of CHN and member-produced policy analyses, special reports, and research.