FY 2024 Budget Resource Library
The Federal Budget is a moral document outlining what we as a nation choose to invest in, and these investments will affect individuals and communities across the country. The Coalition on Human Needs believes that these investments should focus on priorities that bring about shared and broad prosperity such as investing in education, health care, housing, financial security, and tax justice.
To help advocates navigate this topic and stay up to date on the latest developments, the Coalition on Human Needs has created this resource library. This library will have official documents, research and analysis, fact sheets, and actions you and your supporters can take to advocate for a responsible federal budget that invests in human needs.
With this information at your fingertips, we hope to empower advocates to develop effective messaging, and stay informed about the latest policy developments. Whether advocating for increased funding for a specific program or pushing for broader changes to the budget process, hopefully this resource library has information that you can use.
Want something added to this page? Contact David Elliot (email@example.com)
If you have question or want to know more about how you can get involved in advocating for a better budget please contact Dominique Espinoza (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- FY 2024 – Full Biden Budget
- FACT SHEET: President Biden’s Budget Delivers for Tribal Nations and Tribal Communities
FACT SHEET: The President’s Budget Cuts the Deficit by Nearly $3 Trillion Over 10 Years
- FACT SHEET: The President’s Budget Cuts Wasteful Spending on Big Pharma, Big Oil, and Other Special Interests, Cracks Down on Systemic Fraud, and Makes Programs More Cost Effective
- FACT SHEET: President Biden’s Budget Lowers Costs for Families and Gives the American People More Breathing Room
FACT SHEET: President Biden’s Budget Lowers Housing Costs and Expands Access to Affordable Rent and Home Ownership
FACT SHEET: President Biden’s Budget Lowers Energy Costs, Combats the Climate Crisis, and Advances Environmental Justice
FACT SHEET: President Biden’s Budget Strengthens Border Security, Enhances Legal Pathways, and Provides Resources to Enforce Our Immigration Laws
- The Biden Budget Translates Moral Clarity About Shared Prosperity into Dollars and Cents, CHN, March 9, 2023
- Witnesses: Both Default on Debt and Deep Spending Cuts Would Cause Lasting Economic Damage, CHN, March 9, 2023
- Tell Congress: Defend Medicaid and CHIP! Coalition on Human Needs
- Media Action: Tell Congress — Make the Tax Cut Fair for Everyone, RESULTS
- Children’s Defense Fund Responds to the President’s Budget
Statements and Analysis from CHN Members and Other Partners
- Protect Medicaid Funding Landing Page, National Health Law Program, March 22, 2023
- Protect Medicaid Funding Series (12 fact sheets explaining everything you ever needed to know about Medicaid), National Health Law Program, March 22, 2023
- Strong Bipartisan Support Among Voters for Joint Action on Federal Policies to Support Americans, Lake Research Partners/Tarrance Group, March 22, 2023
- Expanding Work Requirements Would Make It Harder for People to Meet Basic Needs, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, March 15, 2023
- UnidosUS Statement on President Biden’s Budget, March 10, 2023
- Biden Budget Offers Practical Solutions to Protect Medicare and Medicaid, Lower Costs, and Make the Rich Pay Their Fair Share, Health Care for America Now, March 9, 202
- President Biden’s 2024 Budget Moves Us Toward Nation Where Everyone Can Thrive, Center for Budget and Policy Priorities, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, March 9, 2023.
- President Biden Releases Plan to Protect Medicare for Another Generation and Lower Prescription Drug Prices for Seniors Even Further, Protect Our Care, March 9, 2023.
- President Biden’s Priorities Are Working Families’ Priorities, AFSCME, March 9, 2023
- Analysis of President Biden’s FY 2024 Budget Request, National Low Income Housing Coalition, March 9, 2023.
- Biden Working Budget and Tax Plan Favors Working Families and Draws Stark Contrast with GOP Priorities, Americans for Tax Fairness, March 9, 2023.
- Catholic Lobby Welcomes President Biden’s FY 2024 Spending Proposal, NETWORK, March 9, 2023
- President Biden’s FY 2024 Budget Calls for Bold Investments in Families While Missing the Mark on Immigration and Criminal Justice Reforms, Center for Law and Social Policy, March 9, 2023
- President Biden Lays Out a Bold Vision for Tax Justice in Proposed Budget, Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, March 9, 2023